Monday, November 5, 2012

Chicken Day

I was like a child at Christmas this past Sunday morning.
The early risers awoke the slumbering big guys with: "It's Chicken Day, It's Chicken Day!!!!"
I know it is silly and I also know that some out there understand. 
 I have wanted to raise chickens for a long time.
It isn't really the desire to care for more beings or clean up more poop.
I think the desire to raise chickens is similar to the experience of the garden: creating a relationship with the land; a relationship that teaches, shapes and feeds (in more ways than one) you.
I also really like the idea of having pets that we can observe and love.
So here is the beginning of our Chicken Chronicles:



So-Mo 

Sammy the lover and wanderer
She laid an egg on her first full day here!


No comments:

Post a Comment