Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Merry Making

This is the first time I have made salve and lip balm, but I am hooked.
Once I find a good source for containers my dear friends can count on these every year.

Hand Salve:
1 cup olive oil with dried herbs (comfrey, slippery elm, calendula)
simmer for 20 minutes.
Then slowly melt beeswax (about 3 tablespoons) in a double boiler or in my case a little stainless steel bowl over a copper pot.
Add beeswax to oil and 1/2 tsp Vitaman E oil. Let cool a little and put in containers.
When I do this again, I will either use powdered herbs or strain them from the oil before adding the beeswax.


Lip Balm:
From Soulemama   http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2010/12/elving.html
But I changed it a little bit:
I made half a batch:
4 tbls. coconut oil
1.5 tbls beeswax
2 tsp raw honey
10 drops of Thieves (Clove, lemon, cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Rosemary)
A about a teaspoon of pink lipstick that had some sparkle to it.
Melt everything together, let cool slightly before pouring into containers.
I used a small funnel and needed to rewarm a few times.



Little Big guy requested star eggs for Breakfast.
While preparing and eating Star eggs I thought of how blessed I am to be at home with my boys
and we can get completed diverted with making things a little special.
Of course the Star eggs needed birthday candles because this is what they usually get for their birthday breakfast.  But that was fun too.


Auntie Nettie's Birthday and Christmas:
The boys painted the apron last year and I finished the edging last week.
She requested Chocolate Brown Curtains.
I was very happy to make something useful.




No comments:

Post a Comment