Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pea Gravel Patio

I have been in my own little bubble lately.
Or in other words, I have had a project that I wanted to finish.
This time it is the pea gravel patio I have been thinking about all winter.
I priced quotes through the winter of pea gravel, landscape timbers and figured I would spend about $200
on this patio.  That was too much.  I also redesigned to get materials that I could fit in my old Jetta.
So to save a $40 delivery fee, I decided to gather my own pea gravel four 5 gallon buckets at a time. $6.00 for 4 buckets. We put 15 buckets of pea gravel on the patio, approximately $22.00
And I spent $18 on 18 pavers.

So with maybe $10 in gas (the hardware store in 6 miles away x 4 trips). I made a patio for $50.

I needed to power wash the wall and rake away the soil, before I put the pea gravel down.
But after that, the boys and I hauled pea gravel and one load of pavers.







We just need to paint the wall and add a new bench and plants, and hopefully a rain barrel.
It withstood a heavy rainfall.  Before this would have been a small pond.




We also moved our raised bed garden from the front yard to the back yard.
I moved leaf compost and soil by the 5 gallon buckets too.
I moved about 9 buckets of leaf compost and 15 buckets of soil.





So I guess it makes sense that for 2 weeks I fell asleep at 8pm and slept till 8 am.
The rain was a welcome break.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing a project come together like this - you have inspired me to find pea gravel for sale in lytham where I live and make my garden pretty!

    ReplyDelete