Thursday, November 27, 2014

Make a difference


While cleaning out 40 years worth of our families attic a few treasures were found.
This box of magnets given to me by a dear friend is one.
He was a fellow camper and then a fellow camp counselor with me when we were 18 years old.
He took the time to send a package of magnets that would have been waste and to write a beautiful letter telling me that I make a difference.
I know I read this letter 18 years ago and I was touched.  I was probably moving from one college to another and put it in the attic to use them when I had an idea.
Many things happen for a reason.  Timing amazes me.
Now, 18 years later, I needed to hear these words again.  I need to be inspired by my younger self and the friends I've made.
I've been thinking lately of the irony of this 36 year old (me) waiting tables with 21 years olds.  And it is for the same reason that this letter was rediscovered.  To remember the passion, conviction, and determination, of the age.  And to reclaim some of that.



So I chose to create.  I spent a lovely evening winding down after work with art supplies and Christmas Ale. And I now have lovely inspirational quotes for gifts.

In this time of Thanksgiving I am so Thankful to have the ability to reflect, to love, and with my own hands to create.




No comments:

Post a Comment