Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Milk Paint

I recently saw a recipe online about making milk paint.  I could not remember if it used evaporated milk or sweetened condensed milk.  When I saw evaporated milk for 69 cents earlier today, I put it in the cart.
We are at Grandma and Grandpa's this week.  It was 98 degrees yesterday and very hot today.  When a storm came through we found ourselves on the porch enjoying a bit of outside.  I thought it was the perfect time to use our milk paint recipe and paint on the porch.  My boys loved it.


 We taped a few layers of old drafting paper on the porch.  Found three paintbrushes.
Then divided a 3 oz can of evaporated milk between three containers and added food coloring to our desired tint for green, blue, and yellow.

We painted until the brushes ventured off of the paper to Grandpa's porch. (We easily cleaned it off with soapy water).  I stored the paint in the refrigerator to use again tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment