Saturday, July 7, 2012

Zucchini Bread


Anyone have a lot of zucchini in their garden?  We do not yet, but our friend who happens to be on vacation let us purge her garden.  One was so large that it had to be shredded and made into zucchini bread and zucchini pancakes.  I started with my mom's tried and true recipe but took away a cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of oil, plus added my usual additions (almond meal, coconut oil...).  My Recipe follows:

Zucchini Bread:
Mix Dry ingredients:
3 cups flour  ( half white, half whole wheat)
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
 pinch allspice
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda

Beat together wet ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil + 1 tbs. melted coconut oil
2 tbs. applesauce
2 cups grated zucchini
3 tsp. vanilla
We added some chocolate chips to the top.

Mix dry into wet. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.  I also filled a medium (6 oz.) ramekin. so they would not be too tall. On a 100 degree day I baked in my toaster oven. Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes to 1 hour when a knife inserted comes out clean.



master mixer

the sides are messy from little fingers diving for chips in the dough



empty plates 

No comments:

Post a Comment