Monday, February 25, 2013

A Tunic For Mama

I am always sewing, stitching, and creating for others.
It brings me joy to make, create and to give.
But, lately I have been thinking about my wardrobe, much of which does not fit.
I decided to start to make clothes for myself.
I also set a few rules for myself. (I have a really hard time following rules!)
I will use patterns, finish seams, and follow the directions.
This might not seem difficult, but for me it really is.  My husband calls me "Vera" in many
aspects of life. I tend to start on one path and veer in another direction pretty quickly. For example, I started with a crocheted squirrel (another future post) and he ends up with a lot of changes from the pattern. Including using felt to speed things up a bit.
So here is a tunic made for me by me.
I followed the pattern, but left off the sleeves.
Umm, yes, my trees are upside down, but the seams are finished and I even used interfacing!








No comments:

Post a Comment