Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sumptuous Caesar Salad

I have played with Caesar Recipes for many years.
I started making them when I worked at a restaurant that offered table side Caesar Salad Preparations.
I have changed it according to different dietary considerations.
I removed the raw egg in place of mayo when I was pregnant.
I omit the cheese when we are not eating dairy and it is very good.
Following is the recipe I now make each time, sometimes omitting the cheese:



Caesar Salad Recipe:
1/2 lemon
3 anchovies
4 dashes Tabasco
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons garlic oil (3 garlic cloves 3 tablespoon olive oil)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
fresh ground pepper
1-2 head of Romaine

Garlic Oil:
Mince 3 cloves of garlic. Add to a ramekin and pour 3 tablespoon olive oil over.
Place in a toaster oven at 350 F for 5-7 minutes until bubbling and fragrant. Let cool while you prepare dressing.
I use a wooden Caesar bowl, but any shallow wide bowl will work.
Place anchovies in bowl, add lemon juice, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce.
Using two forks smash anchovies until a paste forms. Now stir in garlic oil and Mayo.
Taste by dipping a bit of lettuce. Sometimes I add more Tabasco or oil.  Then add cheese to thicken.

Clean and spin torn lettuce.  Mix by hand in bowl until coated.
Add to bowls (2 large or 4 small), add fresh ground pepper, and a little more cheese if your wish.




No comments:

Post a Comment