Friday, May 24, 2013

Ham and Cheese Pizza with God Dressing

It is a good food day today.  A cold day in May.  Warm oats for breakfast.  Hot pizza and cucumbers for lunch.  And some fruity muffins in the middle of the day to have the oven on a bit.  But my favorite part so far was our lunch conversation.
We sat down to Ham and Cheese Pizza and cucumbers with Goddess Dressing. We eat Goddess Dressing often. There are a couple different versions and the boys love them all. But today my little guys got to thinking about this Goddess dressing.
Henri said, "Mama, does this dressing come from God?".  He is two!  I said, "Well yes it kind of does.  God helps all of our food grow, so yes, God made this dressing...." Then Joel (3 1/2 years old) says, "And God is in our hearts too... Just like Meghan and Great Grandpa are in my heart."
I can't remember the rest of the conversation but they continued discussing God and how good the cucumbers were in the "God Dressing".  I kind of blurred out trying to remember their sweet words so I could write it down to reference when they are teenagers... Boy these boys are pulling on my heart strings today...
We will probably never repeat the meal exactly how it was today, but here is the pizza recipe.


Pizza Recipe:
Pizza Dough or bread recipe. This was really our Kindi Bread recipe. (another post, another time)
Placed thick in a greased pan

Toppings:
2 pieces thick ham cubed
2 pieces mozzarella
Sprinkle of Parmesan and olive oil

Bake 375 F for 25 minutes.





This morning at Towner Woods



No comments:

Post a Comment