Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Now is the month of Maying when Merry boys are playing...

Now is the month of Maying when Merry boys are playing.
Fa la la la la, fala la la la la la.
Each with his bonny lass upon the dewy grass.
Fa la la la la, fala la la la la la.

This was a favorite song we learned as a group in my Waldorf Teacher Training.
I have been singing it quite a bit lately.
It is so true. Of course their bonny lass is their Mama for now.
I love May!
I love that I can go each morning into the yard and find something new blooming or fading away.
The lilies of the valley still have a little scent.
The lilacs are gone for the year.
The dwarf iris are awakening.
But the peonies!  I have been watching the buds for weeks and this weekend two little pink blooms opened.
It is hard to pick a favorite flower, but if I had to, it would be the PEONY.

Oh, and my little guys feel the transition to.
Days of play outside.
Digging, chasing chickens, picking flowers, watering, tending their little garden, running in the grass and watering.
Watering is by far the most fun.  A reason I need to install a rain barrel so no water is wasted.

A previous years blooms, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment