Monday, October 21, 2013

Pumpkin Bread Pudding


"Mama, Can I just have a little taste? It is just a little raw egg."


My 4 year old loves to help bake.  Especially if little brother is busy doing something else. For this Bread pudding big brother made the whole pudding while little brother "made soup" in the sink.

Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
 2 cups bread chunks
 (We cut the outer layer off of our homemade cinnamon toast because it was very dense)
1 1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup raisins
Let soak for 10-15 minutes

In another bowl whisk together the following:
3 eggs
1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Then mix in bread mixture.
Pour into a shallow 8" or 9" pan.
Bake 350F for 45 minutes.

Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
One reason I hope I never need to remove gluten from my life.  I love bread pudding!

No comments:

Post a Comment