Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Late Summer Beach Vacation

Presque Isle, PA
We have been here every year for 5 years.  We usually make it a quick trip. It is 2 hours from our house and somewhat manageable for a day trip.
This trip however, my parents made the arrangements. Three nights booked at a hotel and the whole family had a long weekend vacation at the beach, pool, and BBQ.  Thank you Mom and Dad!
We had enough adults that after putting all three little ones to bed, someone could be with them while the rest of the adults were able to have fun couple, sister, and mother/ daughter time.  A time to truly treasure.
 Enjoying the beach



Best friends and cousins


Time with Grandma




 
I found a sustainable Pick your own Peach orchard.
Pick your own peaches were $.50 a pound.
We filled a 5 gallon bucket and then bought apples and plums from their cooler.
Our total $19.00
Myself at the Peach Orchard.
I am not sure if I can explain this, but picking food brings me great joy.
My whole family was joyful in the orchard.  Maybe I was actually giddy.
My husband had to say,  "OK, I think we should stop picking". We did need to to get them home in a rather full vehicle. But it was truly fun and joyful.  We ate a few in the field.
Which way do we start Mama?
Full Trees

Beautiful Peaches everywhere!


He was very involved in filling his shorts with shotgun shells. Not sure how healthy that is. To him is was treasure.
Always loves to say hello to a chicken friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment