Saturday, May 19, 2012

Corn Polenta with mushroom Cauliflower sauce


Grain of the day
(Recipe from early May)
Saturday is the day for corn. While shopping with my boys I thought corn... Ironic since I just read Omnivore's dilemma and thought I might never eat corn again, if I could help it. But I thought corn... Yes, corn cakes with a creamy mushroom sauce. My boys love anything with sauce and mushrooms must definatley be pureed for the texture is abhorred. When arriving home this is how the meal came together.

Mushroom Cauliflower Sauce.
Sautee one onion and 6 cremini mushrooms diced in olive oil
when soft add ½ tsp Herb de Provence, 1 tbls Bragg's Amino Acids,
and 1 ½ cups of left over roasted Cauliflower (or new steamed), and 1 cup of water. Cook to meld and make cauliflower soft enough to puree.
Add to blender with a ¼ cup milk (goat, cow, soy, or unsweetened almond) and 1-2 tablespoons of soft goat cheese. 
Blend adding water if needed.
We sliced prepackaged organic polenta (instead of making corn cakes), placed in a baking tray, topped with sauce and baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Great side with a little grilled chicken. The boys were in Heaven and gobbled up the polenta.

No comments:

Post a Comment