Thursday, May 24, 2012

First Doll for Aria from Vintage Hanky

This past Sunday morning, I awoke early to the news of my nieces arrival.  All my boys decided to sleep in so I created a little doll for Aria on her birthday.

Following are directions for making your own. My directions are "loose" because that is how I make things.  I often use scraps and repurposed material.  My motto, "Use what you have".
1. Sew a tubing for head and shoulders from old white t-shirt. About 1 1/2 " by 3 ".
2. Turn right side out and stuff head tightly with wool.  Tie off head (with strong thread or floss), then fill shoulders.
3. Fold bottom of shoulder seam under and zig zag closed on your machine or by hand.
4. Now take strong floss and tie head tightly in half where eyes would be to add shape.
5. Place inner head inside Hanky's middle.  Fold over and tie floss around head tightly.

6. Now place a tight ball of wool where hands should be.
7. Sew thread in a running stitch around each hand. Sewing through entire cuff a couple of times before tying off.
8.  Now add hair and hat and she is ready to play.



No comments:

Post a Comment