Thursday, September 19, 2013

Why God Gave Me a Twin



35 years ago in September my mother went into labor in the evening.
Upon her arrival at the Hospital, they decided to take an x-ray of her belly.  My parents assumed they were having an October boy, or at least that's how the story goes.
When Doctor Gray reported the news to my parents, that there were two babies in her belly, my mother's labor stopped.  The wisdom of the world gave her a little break, a small moment in time to take in the news and adjust.
At some point in the night my twin gave me a few nudges and I was born by late morning, she 3 minutes after.  We used to joke that I did all the work and she was able to just slide out.  Thus was my previous view of things.  I felt like I did so much work and yet in the end did not have what I wanted.  And she seemed to so effortlessly go and get it done.

When I forgot to write down the homework assignment, she always had it.
When we were in a new environment, like summer camp, she made new friends for us effortlessly.
When I was far away seeking my adventures, she grounded me.

I tend to go back in time and long for a time when things seemed simpler and more natural.
She picks up technology with ease and understands all that is new in the world.
Some things still seem to come a little easier for her, and others easier for me.

But now I see it through different eyes: A karmic one, you could say.

We were meant to be together, best of friends, to complement each others journey.
When we create together we succeed.  When we reflect together, we can be sincere.

Then she became a mother, once again, I felt I was not alone.
She understood what I was going through, and understood the small acheivements.
I love her child like my own and she mine.

Thank you God for blessing me with this beautiful woman who has guided, shaped, helped me to reflect, and loved me always.

 I love you Dawn!
Thank you for being you!

For your birthday: 
A tunic for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment