Friday, October 17, 2014

Anniversary Foodies

In the early stages of our courtship my husband and I ate our way through Carmel.
We laugh about this now, I wouldn't change it one bit. For a semester of my bachelor's work I worked at a coffee shop in the morning, read and typed in the afternoon and then went to dinner with my guy.  I didn't pay rent for this small portion of our time so I paid for food.  So really I worked at the coffee shop and spent my savings on fancy romantic dinners in one of the most romantic places on earth.
We would get dressed up, have a cocktail, walk around Carmel by the Sea, have dinner, then walk on the beach until we could drive down Carmel Valley Road to our tiny temporary home.  It was so much fun and you could say educational in the area of food.
We had our favorite places around the Central coast.  DiGiovanni's and Piatti's being two I recall. My husband always partial to quaint Italian restaurants.
We don't eat like that much anymore.  Childcare, money, time, all seem to be hard to come by.  So when our 10th wedding anniversary (15 years since eating our way through Carmel) came along I longed for the quaint little Italian restaurant.  By some miracle we found it.

Guiseppe's Restaurant in Northfield is the most exquisite food I've eaten in NorthEast Ohio.
I put on my twirling dress and the boys had an evening with Nana and Poppy.
My husband and I headed out on a sensory experience that took us back to our early days.
It was refreshing, romantic, and fun.
The evening also reminded us of the things we do really well together: Create beautiful children, and talk, eat, and create wonderful food.


Eggplant:  Sometimes I think I'm the only one who loves eggplant. I had it as an appetizer and for the main meal.  Every bite was wonderful. I even got a look of amusement from the woman at the next table as I described the flavors yet again to my husband.  He agreed the food was wonderful.


We will see if he reads my blog with this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment