Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sending Light and Love through Anger



I am really angry about Ebola spreading.
I am angry that the CDC led people (nurses, doctors, cleaners) to believe they were safe treating ill patients.
I'm really upset that they allowed someone within direct contact of a sick Ebola patient to travel.
I'm infuriated, but I'm sending them LIGHT and LOVE.
They have a lot more to do and I hope they will do it with grace.

I have mixed feelings for the nurse who traveled to Ohio possibly carrying Ebola.
She cared for a patient who was dying, believed that by following hospital protocol she would not become ill, and then may have carried this horrible virus to her loved ones.
I'm mad at her for being selfish and attending the wedding.
She may become deathly ill and has a long road of pain to overcome.
I am sending her LIGHT and LOVE.

When I was 8 months pregnant with my first child I decided not to go on a family vacation. I really wanted to be at the beach and be with my family. I did not however look forward to the 14 hours of travel in a car. I decided not to go. I received some flack from my family. There were feelings of me being over cautious. It turned out two weeks later it was suggested I lay low on the couch and drink plenty of water due to low amniotic fluid in my womb. It was a wise decision to be cautious for my unborn child.
We can never know the outcome, but we can try to make wise decisions. I hate to live in fear and not live, but sometimes missing an event may be sad for a short time but a small sacrifice for the health of others.

Because this nurse traveled, so many other people have been affected. Events cancelled. Schools closed for cleaning. A whole flight of passengers placed in a state of not knowing.  Fear. Caution.
I am sending them LIGHT and LOVE. 

Today I'm thinking about all of the people involved, those who have read the news, for my friends and loved ones, my coworkers, and the people who are yet to contract this virus in our country and over seas.
I am picturing LIGHT and LOVE encircling them and praying that this too shall pass.

In my own selfishness today, I encircled myself and my little ones with LOVE and Comfort.  I coated my boys in coconut oil mixed with On guard essential oil.  We baked cookies, continued our bonfire in the rain, roasted wet hot dogs, and drank warm tea with cookies to warm our bodies and hearts.
And I will keep sending LIGHT and LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment